Recipe: Delicious Detox Smoothie – Festive Cranberry & Orange
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
- ½ cup of unsweetened coconut water
- ½ – ¾ cup of cold water
- ½ blender of fresh spinach (about 3 small handfuls)
- 1 frozen banana
- ¼ cup of raw cashews
- ½ cup of fresh cranberries
- 2 TB of hemp hearts
- The zest of ½ an orange (lightly zest the skin of about ½ an orange)
- 1 peeled orange, broken into small pieces (use the orange you zested)
- 4-5 medjool dates, depending on sweetness preference
- Sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- Drink immediately or store in glass jars in the fridge for up to 2 days. When you’re ready to drink it, simply shake up the jar.
- If you like your smoothies to be colder, you could:
- Chill it in the fridge before drinking; or
- Use less medjool dates and add frozen pineapple chunks to taste.
- If you’re not into using medjool dates or can’t find them, try using frozen pineapple. It will add a tropical twist to the mix.
- Store any leftover smoothie in glass jars in the fridge for up to 2 days. When you’re ready to drink, simply shake it up!
Source: Alexandra Maul
Photo courtesy Alexandra Maul
Use the Share below to save the recipe to your page for easy access later.